Friday, October 21, 2011

Lilly Employees Create Bottle Cap Mural!


I am excited to post pictures of the Lilly employees working on the bottle cap mural.
 All of the employees were so great and brought a spirit of excitement to the project.

Featured are photos of the mural in the process of being completed.
The final photo shows the mural almost done.
 Some of the caps need to be "tweeked."

After texting a photo of the mural to my sister,
who is a polymer clay artist and colorist,
I decided to change some caps so the strand of orange
continues through the whole piece.
Thanks Maggie for your keen eye.
I totally agree with your suggestion!

The caps also need to be individually screwed down to the boards
so the mural will withstand a long-term installation at the J. Glenn Smith Health Center.

Almost done!!!














3 comments:

  1. So glad I stumbled upon this blog. I'm planning a bottle cap mural with my high school kids, hopefully it'll be done by the end of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello "Painting with Brains!"

    So nice to know folks are looking at my blog and are getting inspired!

    I will look forward to seeing progress with your mural. How big are you planning it to be?

    Blessings!

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for ding the impressive job here, everyone will surely like your post. spray bottle wholesale

    ReplyDelete