Sunday, June 2, 2013

Starting a New Bottle Cap Mural


Starting a New Bottle Cap Mural:
Vincent Van Gogh's 
"Starry Night"


One of my goals this school year was to facilitate the creation of a 
bottle cap mural with some of my students at work.

I chose my 5th grade class to work on this project as it is my
smallest class with only 10 students
(10 very high-energy students)! 

After the students watched several videos and documentaries 
about various environmental issues
 (including Midway Island - see previous post), 
they were pumped to start creating a 
bottle cap mural for the school.

We decided to create Vincent Van Gogh's "Starry Night,"
one of my all-time favorite paintings. 

The first step was sorting by color. 

They loved doing this - they were like little kids in a candy shop 
or like kids sorting their candy after trick-or-treating.
So much enthusiasm!






The next step was to clean all of the caps with lots of soap and water.

Unfortunately, I didn't get any photos of this step. 
Just imagine lots of water - everywhere! 

Note to all art teachers:
 Be very very thankful if you have 
a sink in your room! 

No comments:

Post a Comment